Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another boilie recipe

I made a new batch of boilies this afternoon – haven’t had a chance to try them out, but the basic boilie recipe is

1/3 cup semolina

1/3 cup sucrose

1/3 cup rice cereal (in the baby food isle)

1/3 cup milled oats (also in the baby food isle)

tablespoon or so of kosher salt

about 1/4 cup of old Feta cheese that was in the fridge

1 packet of cherry kool-aid

3 eggs

Basically, mix all the dry ingredients EXCEPT the kool-aid, then add the eggs. When it’s a “slurry” add the kool-aid and keep stirring.

I like to put my mash in the freezer before rolling it for about half hour. Helps keep it a little firmer, and easier to roll into smooth balls (not that the fish really care though.)

Notice how I DON’T use oil in the mix……rather I spray my hands with spray butter before rolling the balls.  As with any other boilie recipe, roll them into the proper size ball for your water, and boil until they float. Dry and then put them in the freezer for storage.

Also I swung into Dicks Sporting goods this week – they have an 80 sized spinning reel that will hole 250 yards of 20# line, and an 8 foot reel for $40. Might pick one up tomorrow and give it a test this weekend. I’m a light-line advocate, but recently have been losing a lot of fish, line, sinkers and everything else due to snags, and busting off the lighter weight line.  Think I’m going to jump to 17 or 18# braid and see how it goes.

Shameless plug for my wife!

Anthony Gilardi will be at the 2010 Portland Women’s Show!

No comments:

Post a Comment